What exactly is Family Program: Part 2 of 2
Family Week is:
- A gathering of information for personal and family recovery.
- A time to learn communication skills.
- A time and place for supporting patients and family members.
- Opportunities to enlist support and make new friends.
- A time to learn about addiction and codependency.
Family Week is not:
- A cathartic process or therapy to fix problems.
- A singular focus on the patient’s problem.
- A time to dump negativity.
- A solution to family issues, but rather a preparation for personal recovery for family members.